Cape Fear Voices and The Teen Scene is Named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Cape Fear Voices / The Teen Scene named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Joshua 1:9

Joshua 1:9 in the Bible says, Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Drawing by Giuliana M.
Joshua 1:9 in the Bible says, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go”.

This story is reprinted with permission from Brunswick County Early College High School’s The Firebird Times.

“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” -Colin Powell

Soldiers from the U.S. Armed Forces are role models to me. The bravery these men and women exhibit is spectacular. They show great determination and rigor through all their works, despite the hardships they face. They go into battlefields with such boldness even when victory is not guaranteed. It takes years of training to achieve the physique needed for the job; however, physical training is not the only requirement for this job. Soldiers must train their minds to push through adversity and stay strong to serve their country. I strive to have this dedication and bravery.

In this art piece, I depicted a soldier (specifically from WWII) holding a cross in his hand. This is a symbol of strength and faith; the soldier has put his trust in God to carry him through the battle. To me, it’s one thing to rely on yourself through adversity, but to place your trust in a higher power is a sign of humility and character. This does not have to be just for Christianity; I think it’s important to realize that oneself is not to be worshiped, but rather we should show humility and respect. For these reasons, soldiers of all kinds are my role models.