Cape Fear Voices and The Teen Scene is Named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Cape Fear Voices / The Teen Scene named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

A FEW FUN EVENTS IN LELAND/ WILMINGTON IN JULY

Photo by N. Bryans

Are you looking for something to do in July?  Wondering where to go to see fireworks for the 4th? Take a look at some fun things to consider!

July 2 – North Carolina Symphony, “Stars and Stripes” performance is at the Wilson Center at Cape Fear Community College.  Tickets are $20.00 and up.  The show starts at 7:30 p.m. 

July 3rd – Fireworks by the Sea will be at Carolina Beach Boardwalk.  Fireworks start at 9:00 p.m.  Call 910 458-2977 for details about food and parking.  

July 4 – Riverfront Park, 10 Cowan Streets offers their 4th of July Celebration with live music, food and fireworks.  Gates open at 5:00 p.m.  The North Carolina Symphony Orchestra performs at 7:00 p.m. and the fireworks start at 9:05 p.m.   Food and beverages can be purchased with a debit or credit card or mobile pay.  Cash will not be accepted.  No pets, except designated service animals.  This is a free event.  The following streets will close as early at 6:00 pm 

• Water St. between Dock St. and Red Cross St. 
  • Front St. between Dock St. and Red Cross St. 
  • Market St. between Front St. & Water St. 
  • Princess St. between N 2nd St. N Water St. 
  • Chestnut St. between N 2nd St. & N Water St. 
  • Grace St. between N 2nd St. & N Water St. 
  • Walnut St. between N 2nd & N Water St. 

July 4 – Southport Waterfront Park, located at 146 – 176 East Bay Street will have fireworks starting at 9:00 p.m.  Call 910 457-5578 for information about parking.  

July 12 – Comedian, Maddie Smith performs at the Dead Crow Comedy Room, located at 511 North Third Street.  The performance starts at 7:00 p.m.  Call 910 399-1750 for ticket information.  

July 17 – Cell Phone Photography for Seniors!!  Bring your smartphone and learn how to take pictures like a pro!  Register at Leland Cultural Arts Center.  The registration fee is $60.00.  The class is from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. 

July 20 – The Summer Art Market comes to the Leland Cultural Arts Center, located at 1212 Magnolia Way, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  Check out the latest in-home décor, art and jewelry.