Thank you for the growing pains!

Thank you for the growing pains!

As many of our readers know, Cape Fear Voices‘ mission is to showcase the works of the many talented people in our local Cape Fear region ? writers, poets, artists, craftspeople, and the like. We also aim to highlight the efforts of charitable organizations that work to improve our communities’ welfare and the small businesses that form the economic backbone of our region. Our goal is to inform and entertain, not proselytize or preach.

If you find one, two, or three stories in each issue that you find interesting enough to read and perhaps share with others, we have accomplished our mission.

Since publication started in June 2020, Cape Fear Voices, with the help of our contributing writers and our ad sponsors, has grown from 8 to 16 pages. We continue to work on how best to distribute hard copies to maximize our reach in the community. Several readers have also provided constructive comments on how to improve our publication to benefit our readership.

We have been blessed with donations from our community and are grateful for the writers who have sponsored ads for their favorite small businesses. We also appreciate those businesses that have paid for advertising space. 

Several individuals inquired about an internet presence and we recently began planning for the website. With luck and the help of our friend Dan Dodge, we hope to have a website up and running in the next few months.

We have been blessed with donations from our community and are grateful for the writers who have sponsored ads for their favorite small businesses. We also appreciate those businesses that have paid for advertising space. Several individuals inquired about an internet presence and we recently began planning for the website. With luck and the help of our friend Dan Dodge, we hope to have a website up and running in the next few months.

This month we are also adding an introductory 2-page edition of Teen Scene. Getting this part of our program together has been slow due to the pandemic. However, this will give parents and interested teens an idea of what is to come.

In this extraordinary period in our country’s history, we are exposed to severe partisanship and negativity daily. We hope that Cape Fear Voices provides you, the reader, with a brief respite. In starting this publication, we never imagined how quickly we would be accepted by the community. For that, we are grateful beyond what words can express.

Thank you! Eric Mens and Gerald Decker