My Thoughts on the Pandemic

My Thoughts on the Pandemic

How did the pandemic affect you? Well, it didn’t affect me that much, but I love staying home with my family, and I like doing online school better because I love to concentrate at home ’cause it’s just my dad and me.

Here is a true fact about the pandemic affecting us: A poll conducted in late April by the Kaiser Family Foundation found that a majority of adults, 56%, report that worry or stress due to the pandemic has affected their mental health and wellbeing. Increased social isolation can be dangerous for people experiencing suicidal ideation.

What was school like for you? SUPER fun! I love how we get to stay home on Wednesdays and the rest of the week. And I can concentrate on my schoolwork more than playing video games all day. And this is true. If I had a PS4 right now, I would be playing it. But since my dad took it away, I can focus more on my schoolwork and my goal for this year, which is having A’s and B’s all school year.

How difficult was it for you to adjust to school schedules, online learning, staying home all day, etc.? It wasn’t that difficult, I am used to it, and at my old school, we just went there all week with no homeschool. But at the beginning of the school year, you can choose whether you want to go to school the whole year or you can do remote learning all year but have the same class.

How did you stay in touch with friends and family? Well, I always stay in touch with my family. In fact, I stay with my family. But I don’t have a phone, so I can text while I’m at school.

What has been a positive impact? I always have a positive impact. I am always positive, and I learn what I need to learn during these couple of years left in school.

What have you learned about yourself? I have learned that I can focus and concentrate better than in the old days.