Put On a Happy Face: Why You Should Like Masks

After almost nine months of wearing a mask every single day, many might start to dread wearing them. Some may even start to become lenient with wearing a mask. Masks have become one of those things you can’t leave your house without, like your house key or your wallet. Other than protecting yourself and others around you, here are reasons as to why you should continue to wear a mask and why they are convenient and fun.

1. Fashion. I think masks can be fashionable. If you’re tired of wearing those basic blue disposable masks, go buy a cloth mask with your favorite design on it, not only are they reusable with a wash every time it is used, you can also buy certain masks to match with your clothing and outfits!

2. Having a bad face day? Need a pimple to cover up under your t-zone area? Put on your mask. With your mask, you’re able to cover up anything you don’t want to be seen and no one would have an idea it’s there.

3. Let’s say you’re running late and don’t have time to do your makeup: who cares? Half of your face isn’t even seen. Not only do you save some extra time, but at the end of the day, you have less makeup to take off.

4. With the winter coming up and the cold weather coming in, your mask is able to keep your face warm. Double up with masks to keep you even more cozy if you’re really sensitive to the cold. No more red, numb noses after being outside for a long period of time. Bye Rudolph!

5. One of the most effortless ways to brighten a person’s day is smiling at strangers in public areas. Although it may be hard to let a stranger know that you are smiling at them with a mask, it can still be done: slightly squint your eyes to let others know that under the mask, you are lending them a friendly gesture.
Overall, I believe masks are very useful for various reasons. Although masks are worn every time we step out and may begin to be annoying, we should get the best use out of them for our safety. Continue to wear masks for your protection and others around you, so we’re able to enjoy our peers and activities like we used to. Protect our town and let’s make the Covid-19 cases go down.