Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc. (BSMA) Announces Chartering of New Chapter

Dan Dodge

Cape Fear Blue Star Mothers of America Chapter NC16

This new BSMA Chapter will serve the Cape Fear Region, including Brunswick, New Hanover & Pender counties. 

Blue Star Mothers of America was founded in 1942 in Flint, Michigan. The organization’s mission is to provide support for active-duty military personnel, Veterans and Gold Star families, promote patriotism, assist Veterans organizations and to assist in homeland volunteer efforts to help our country remain strong. Blue Star Mothers of America is a 501(c)3 charity organization that is overseen by Congress. 

Blue Star Mothers of America members are mothers, stepmothers, grandmothers, foster mothers and

female legal guardians who have children serving in the military, Guard or Reserves, or children who are Veterans. These mothers support each other and their children while focusing on their mission every single day and will never forsake our troops, our Veterans or the families of our Fallen Heroes. We also welcome associate members which can be anyone that would like to help us fulfill our mission. Currently, there are over 6,000 members from over 200 Chapters throughout the nation.

The new chapter will be meeting monthly at 7:30pm at:

Premier Fitness Studio
8164 River Rd Southport
Sept 23, Oct 27, and Nov 17

Cape Fear Blue Star Mothers of America is off to a strong start with many events already scheduled in the coming months. They will be co-hosting a free seminar titled “Post Traumatic Winning” on Oct. 2nd at the VFW on OKI. They will also be hosting a benefit concert on Dec 17th at the St. James Community Center,  4136 Southport-Supply Rd SE, St James, NC 28461.

Kim Dionisio, President of the newly formed chapter stated, “We received our charter July 26, 2021. 

Our membership is growing rapidly, and we already have over 40 wonderful members that have jumped right in to help us get our programs off the ground. This new chapter opens up opportunities to offer more support to Military families throughout North Carolina. We are excited to accomplish a lot in the coming years.”

For information contact:

President Kim Dionisio
[email protected]
(973) 886-1277