INSPIRATIONAL CANCER WORDS

Dan Dodge

For all those out there fighting cancer, those who have survived cancer and those who have lost someone due to cancer, here are parts of great inspirational poems and thoughts:

Taken in part from Robert L. Lynn’s “Cancer is so Limited.”

WHAT CANCER CANNOT DO:

“It cannot invade the soul, suppress memories, kill friendships, destroy peace, conquer the spirit, shatter hope, cripple love, corrode faith, steal eternal life or silence courage.”

From Richard Attenborough and quoted in part by Mother Teresa:

“There is a light in this world, a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter.  We sometimes lose sight of this force when there is suffering and too much pain.  Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge through the lives of ordinary people who hear a call and answer in extraordinary ways.”

Cancer has hit so many people in this world and we have so many close friends and family members in our lives who either are battling cancer, have survived cancer, or have died from cancer. We have to fight on and hope it does not happen to us.  Pray for all those people out there in the world suffering right now that they can find peace.

For anyone going through difficult times in your life, here is a great bible passage:

“Be strong and of good courage.  Do not be afraid nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1.9

And, there is an old Irish blessing (author unknown) that inspires hope:

“May God give you, for every storm, a rainbow.  For every tear, a smile.  For every care, a promise and a blessing in each trial.  For every problem life sends, a faithful friendship to share.  For every sigh, a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

For anyone who has lost a loved one or a close friend in your life, here are some comforting words and poems.

It is never easy to lose a loved one or close friend. It is part of human nature. It happens to all of us in our lifetime. We must remember the good times with our loved ones.

Taken from “The Angels Little Instruction Book,” by Eileen Elias Freeman

“The angels are always near to those who are grieving, to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God.”

Taken in part from Mary M. Green:

“I’m gone now, but I’m still very near.  Death can never separate us.  Each time you feel a gentle breeze, it’s my hand caressing your face.  Each time the wind blows, it carries my voice whispering your name.  When the wind blows your hair ever so slightly, think of it as me pushing a few stray hairs back in place.  When you feel a few raindrops fall on your face, it’s me, placing soft kisses.  At night, look up into the sky and see the stars shining so brightly.  I’m one of those stars and I’m winking at you and smiling with delight.  For never forget, you’re the apple of my eye.”

Finally, keep in mind that God is always with you and will help you get through any difficult times.  Also remember you  have family and friends who are always there for you in times of need.