Our Cabin in the Mountains

Photo by Timothy Eberly on Unsplash
The place was so beautiful with snow, tire tracks and trees full of snow…
Note: Teen Scene gave students a choice of two photos for them to select one as a prompt to compose a story within a 15-minute time limit.
We were on the way to our cabin in the mountains. My mom owned a cabin and let my best friend stay in it for a little bit. It started to snow so hard that we couldn’t drive anymore. We looked around to see if there was any type of house or car and nothing. My heart sank. Just the feeling of being stuck was scary. But finally, we got the car moving so we drove to the cabin after 3 long hours. It felt like my interlife. I just wanted to freeze. My nose was red, and I had the sniffles. Then we drove by this place which was so beautiful. There was snow, tire marks, and trees full of snow with a little bit of sunlight just enough to fill up the empty spaces. It looked like a fairy tale.  We stopped and just looked at the view. I wanted to fall right into the snow and just lay there like my bed. Then the light started to get lower and lower until it was pitch black and there was no light at all. It was hard to see but we finally made it to our cabin. We saw a baby deer and a cub! It was the cutest thing you could imagine. Then we dove back a few days later. I wanted to stop and look at that place. This time I got a better view as I looked out the back window while driving back. It was magical.