LMS TIGERS!

LMS TIGERS!
Leland Middle School

I am happy to welcome our students back into the building after a long break. The building is not the same without having students in the building. I look forward to a very good and positive rest of the school year. Although we have not been together since December, I have received several emails from students checking in to say ‘hello.’ We have also had a few Monday Breakfast with the Principal meetings. I enjoy hearing about their week and weekend plans.

I am happy to hear that many students are remaining active by playing basketball at home or going for a walk. I am proud of how resilient they are and how much support parents provide for their children during this time. We are going through a very stressful and challenging time. However, parents, students, and this great community has provided such great support. We have had to be flexible, but we made it!

Now we are in 2021! Our 8th-grade students are preparing for high school and the Early College High School. There are many positive things to look forward to this year. Our students have so much to offer to the school and community. They are ‘overcomers’ and real troopers! Knowing that they will be back in the building on Tuesday makes my heart smile.

Welcome back, Tigers! We missed you!