Do You Accept The Challenge?

Do You Accept The Challenge?
Victor Fernandes

When I utter the term “75 Hard,” I often receive looks of sheer horror and rather colorful versions of the word, ‘No.’

In its true form, the program created by famed entrepreneur, author and creator Andy Frisella features, among other tasks, daily indoor and outdoor workouts.

And if precisely followed every day for 75 days, it achieves the desired results – a level of consistency and intentionality that few attain because those select few are the only people willing to do the work.

Which got me thinking recently…

What if I personalized 75 Hard for each of my clients?

What if each person selected tasks unique to them, and that if done without fail each day, will lead to that same level of consistency and intentionality?

Which took me to hosting a “different” version of 75 Hard in my private Facebook group, Fit Family Foundations.

Everyone – yes, including me – selected six tasks they need to do but haven’t done consistently enough to improve our lives. They can include a physical component, but it doesn’t have to. That’s not the challenge we seek.

Consistency – that’s the challenge we all face.

Even the tasks in the original 75 Hard aren’t that incredibly difficult when approached individually.

The true challenge is completing these tasks or any daily tasks without fail – without excuses – knowing full well life will throw curveballs our way at any time.

The way we do one thing is the way we do everything. If we do one thing the right way consistently every day, that approach has a way of permeating the rest of our lives. The same premise applies when we cut corners in life too.

So…what tasks did I select? The common theme for my tasks is mental health.

1. I check in with a family member or friend each day to see how they’re doing. I can get inconsistent with that when I’m focused on life here.
  2. Since I have a standing desk at home, I stand while working for an hour for every 30 minutes I sit.
  3. I read for 30 minutes every day.
  4. I pay a compliment to someone every day.
  5. I walk around our neighborhood at least once a day so I can start getting to know our new neighbors better.
  6. 8pm is my hard stop for the business Mondays through Thursday, 5pm on Fridays, no work on Saturdays, 10am on Sundays.

I especially appreciate No. 5 on the list after attending a pool party at the apartment community we recently moved out of after living there a year.

I looked around and realized I knew so few people, which means I didn’t take the time to get to know many people. Now, I make a point to meet as many of our new neighbors as possible. I even joined the community FB group.

I can always improve. I can always get better. It requires me to do the work to make it all happen. Which is why I have accepted this challenge.

Will you?

If you would like to learn more about how to develop the mindset needed to reach the goals you have set for yourself, contact me at 814.504.7774 or by email at [email protected] or head to fernandesfit.com.

If you would like to learn more about my health and fitness journey, you can pick up the best-selling book I co-authored, “Real Talk With Real Fit Pros,” on Amazon.