Tantillo: Ninja Turtle or Not?

Assistant Principal Anthony Tantillo is hands down a favorite of BC ECHS students. Between his involvement with the students, his bright personality, and his overall understanding, it’s impossible not to smile when he’s around.

At home, he has a wife and two boys. One is a sophomore at West Brunswick High, and the other is a 7th grader at Shallotte Middle. The fourth member of the family is a cat, though Tantillo says, “Dogs are my favorite but my wife won’t let us get one so unfortunately, we have a cat.”

Going on with his bright personality, he has a love for comedy. He loves shows like South Park, and stand-up comedians, Bill Burr being his favorite. He himself had a six-month internship at a Comedy Central.

As for his favorite food, he loves pizza like almost everyone else. However, he has another reason for loving that particular food. His father owned a pizza store while he was growing up, and as a result, he developed a particular love for pizza.

Being an assistant principal for the Early College was not his first stop in the field of education. He started his career in New York, after leaving the business field. He says, “I didn’t like not making a human difference, and I had worked with kids with disabilities in high school and loved it. So, I left the business field and became a teacher.”

In his second year of teaching, he says, “In my second year of teaching, I was in the Bronx, and I traveled all the way to Queens to attend a wrestling school and never went back because my muscles hurt too much.”

Overall students seem to have a great relationship with Tantillo.

Junior Nathanial Brown says, “Mr. T always deals with situations with delicacy, treats students with respect, and is overall just a good person.”

Junior Candace Cobb says, “He’s really loud and I like him.”

And, finally, Junior Kennedy Harmati said, “I think he’s cool, he’s a silly guy”.

In the end, BC ECHS is very lucky to have him as the assistant principal. It’s a challenge to keep a bright personality and deal with the complicated and sometimes serious situations that come with being an assistant principal.

“I love this school, and I love what journalism is doing, there’s no doubt about that.” So, a special thank you to him from BC ECHS as a whole and from the Journalism Club.