Beck Fine Art Gallery Moves To The ArtWorks in Wilmington

Dans+work+is+exceptional+
Dan Beck
Dan’s work is exceptional

I went to the ArtWorks Gallery (located at 200 Willard Street in Wilmington) to view their terrific display of multi-media exhibits and ran into a friend—Dan Beck.   I got to know Dan when I did an article on the gallery he was planning to open in Leland.  Unfortunately, he and the Town of Leland couldn’t come to an agreement to make that happen, so his gallery is now part of the ArtWorks.

Dan’s work is exceptional and diverse and blends in well with what I have come to expect from the ArtWorks Gallery — high quality art and interesting artists. Dan uses vibrant colors and his subject matter draws you right into the work — whether it’s a view of the water and a dynamic sky, or a woman standing eerily alone, you can feel the drama and emotion.

Every month, the ArtWorks Gallery  hosts the Fourth Friday Gallery Night, which is a self-guided tour and celebration of art in many forms. They showcase paintings in oil, acrylics, watercolors and mixed media as well as ceramics and woodwork. The Gallery is also a working studio and many of the  artists are there on the Fourth Friday Gallery Night. You can watch them create or talk to them about their work.

If you haven’t been to the ArtWorks, put the Fourth Friday  Gallery Night on your calendar and make a special effort to see Dan Beck’s art. It’s a wonderful evening out and admission is free.