The Raven’s Riddle

Photo by Sergio Ibannez on Unsplash

FORESTWOOD, Germany – Breaking news today: “One killed none and yet killed twelve” — well known as the Raven’s Riddle, a riddle that is said throughout the forest, leaves 12 men, and one horse, dead. How did these men die? Who were the victims? Why did this happen? As evidence is being brought, many truths have been revealed about the deaths of these men, and the events leading up to their deaths.

We’ve gotten in contact with the man who wanders and repeats the question-filled riddle, and we’ve received evidence as to what happened in these couple of days.

Woodinville Trl. at appx 9:32 PM: Two men are adventuring through the forest, in hopes of finding shelter for them to stay for the night. These men then found a mysterious home and saw a beautiful woman on the front porch. They stopped after seeing this house, and asked the lady, “May we stay here for the night?” This lady had told the men, “Well, sure, but just be aware of the woman (who was later found to be her stepmother) who stays in the home, as she casts evil substances.”

Appx 9:37 PM: The men go inside the mysterious home while aware of this lady, and avoid any food or drinks that are offered, as they may contain poisonous chemicals. They sleep through the night and plan to leave the next morning.

Appx 7:06 AM: The men are with their horses ready to leave when they give their thanks to the two ladies. According to the Raven Man, the stepmother had wanted them dead. This is what the Raven Man recalls: “I had left the house before my servant. He later comes running to me without his horse, yelling ‘My horse has dropped dead, the witch had poisoned it’ so we come back to his horse, and we see a raven chewing the flesh.”

Appx 7:15 AM: The Raven Man’s servant kills the bird, and they take it to an innkeeper to make a meal out of it. Unaware, twelve members, including the witch who had poisoned the horse, had taken mouthfuls of the poisoned flesh. What do you know, they drop dead immediately.

Now, we can see and interpret the meaning behind this riddle, as one horse killed none, as the raven killed 12 [people]. What a story tonight.