End of Quarter Celebration

Photo by Michael F.

March 8th was the end-of-quarter celebration for Brunswick County Early College High School. This event was held on the last day of Spirit Week, and it had students sign up with their friends and dress in a specific color to participate in a series of competitive activities like basketball and tug of war.

Freshman, Jennis Day said that the end-of-quarter event was, “Ok in my opinion.” During the event she, “participated in the color thingy, [and] did not enjoy it but enjoyed the snow cone.” Day also stated she, “was not satisfied with the sports or being forced to join.”

Day was not all that enthused with the event based on the quotes and enthusiasm. She also wished there was free food minus the snow cone, of course. She did not want to do clubs either. She kind of just wanted to walk around campus and do nothing.

Sophomore, Reesa Abramson said, “It was decent and it wasn’t that fun.” When participating in the tournament they “talked to their friends.” Abramson also stated, “The activities could’ve been better but it’s alright.”

Abramson made good points and offered that maybe next time the whole student body could vote on what to do next time so everyone could have fun and even more could participate.

Junior, Yazmine Franco Santana discussed that she, “feels like the underclassmen enjoyed it more than the upperclassmen but I think they had fun.” She did not participate in the event and, “stayed inside and hung out with peers.” Which is what a majority of students did from the view inside the cafeteria.

Santana also made some good points and made a positive comment on the Kona-ice truck. “I didn’t participate in them (the events) except the Kona-ice which I feel everyone enjoyed.”

From freshmen to juniors the feelings on field day were pretty indifferent with more of a negative connotation. The Kona-ice seemed to be a big hit as the best thing that happened. Maybe next time the participation rate will increase, and the events will become more interesting to any players.