Cape Fear Voices and The Teen Scene is Named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Cape Fear Voices / The Teen Scene named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Brooklyn’s Top Five

Fast Food Honey Mustards
A Chicken Tender Tray from Cookout with Fries and Honey Mustard
Photo by Brooklyn C.

This article is reprinted with permission from West Brunswick High School’s The West Wind.

I eat fast food a lot of days of the week and my absolute favorite condiment is honey mustard, so this is my top 5 fast food restaurant honey mustards.

1. Zaxby’s

Zaxby’s has the best honey mustard of any fast food, the flavor is very savory and the perfect amount of sweet and tang.  Everything that Zaxby’s has to offer goes perfectly with their honey mustard like the chicken tenders, chicken sandwich, and there is even a honey mustard dressing for their salads. I rate it a 10/10.

2. Wendy’s

Next, Wendy’s honey mustard is also some of the best I’ve had from fast food restaurants. There are no strong, overpowering flavors in it and it tastes like the perfect combination of flavors. When I go to Wendy’s I order a ten-piece chicken nugget meal with fries and when you dip all that in the honey mustard it adds so much flavor. I rate it a 8.5/10.

3. Bojangles

I put Bojangles at three because although their honey mustard is very good, it’s not a versatile sauce. It is only good with Bojangles chicken. It offsets the spice of the cajun chicken very nicely, and the taste is very recognizable and tasty. I rate it a 8/10.

4. Cookout

Unlike Bojangles, Cookout has a very universal honey mustard that can go well with the food from other fast food restaurants. It is very savory and goes well with everything because one flavor doesn’t outshine the rest and blends together so deliciously. I rate it a 8/10.

5. Chick-Fil-A

Lastly, my last choice is Chick-Fil-A because their honey mustard does not have a great balance of flavors, it is very tangy and sour which i don’t like as much. The chicken still goes very well with the honey mustard but I couldn’t eat any other chicken with it and at Chick-Fil-A I prefer the Chick-Fil-A sauce over honey mustard. I rate it a 5/10.