Cape Fear Voices and The Teen Scene is Named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Cape Fear Voices / The Teen Scene named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

July 2024: Notes from the Editor

Inside this issue…

Hello Summer and Happy 4th of July!

Again this year, time is passing quickly by.  I finally know what my father’s ashtray meant.  He had an ashtray with a cartoon of a little old man on it.  The caption read, “Time Marches On, Damnit.” I saw that ashtray everyday of my life until I left home at 20, and never understood what it meant.  Now that I am in my 70’s, I know full well how that little old man was feeling.  There’s so much that time takes away from all of us. But, Paul Paolicelli sees it differently.  In his story, “Lessons Learned,” Paul talks about learning a life lesson at a very early age and living life to the fullest because of it.

In his story, “Love at First Sight,” Doug Ensley introduces us to the beauty of love at any age and how time makes love special for people like Miss Margie and Mister Henry.

Lisa Mote thinks about time in terms of people moving too fast and she wonders why.  See her story, “Life in the Slow Lane,”  and decide if that should be your lane of choice!

On the Teen Scene side, Marlith G.-C., from Early College High School,  encourages us to spend time wisely, because,  In her story, “The Alarm Clock,” we find time to be a feared taskmaster as  “The clock spent more time ticking, tensing me endlessly.”

In her story, “A Sweet Southern Summer,” Ma’Kenzy F. also from Early College High School, shares her thoughts on life after school is out for the summer.  Quite the opposite of Lisa Mote, Mackenzie thinks that time is moving  very slowly.

Violet A, from Early College, talks about working with the organization,  Toastmasters.   See how she got started in her story, “The Journey with Toastmasters.”

Make sure you read the story about Cape Fear Voices/Teen Scene being voted the best Non-Profit organization by the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce!

Also in this issue, we have 4th of July poems,  information on Red Foxes, and a story about how your father always has your back, no matter how old you are.  We even have a story about UFO’s.  Check out all of our stories — I feel like this issue is all about time and as I said, time goes quickly by.