Cape Fear Voices and The Teen Scene is Named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Cape Fear Voices / The Teen Scene named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

CAPE FEAR VOICES/TEEN SCENE WINS NON-PROFIT OF THE YEAR

NORTH BRUNSWICK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ANNUAL AWARDS DINNER

The mission of the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce is, “to lead and advance the economic development of our area and promote business activity that enhances the quality of life for all residents.”

Every year, the Chamber holds their annual awards dinner to highlight and celebrate those businesses who strive to enhance the quality of life for its residents in the categories of “Business of the Year, New Member of the Year, Non-Profit of the Year, Woman of the Year, Young Professional of the Year and   Entrepreneur of the Year.”

This year, the Chamber held the Awards Dinner on June 26, at the Leland Cultural Arts Center, and honored Cape Fear Voices/Teen Scene with the Non-Profit of the Year Award.

Accepting the award, Gerald Decker, Founder and Publisher, said, “This is great recognition for the Board of Directors, our volunteer staff and all the adult and teen writers of Cape Fear Voices/Teen Scene.

Our mission is to promote writing skills among teens and to provide a home for creative artist young and old to publish their work. Sometimes it seems that we work in the dark so it’s wonderful to see that the community appreciates our efforts.

We are blessed with a very capable Board of Directors and an amazing volunteer staff of Jan Morgan-Swegle, Nancy Bryans and Doug Ensley who make it all happen. We also want to thank Mr. Black and Ms. Pender at Leland Middle School and Ms. Absher and Ms. Askue at BC Early College High School for their steady and continued support. They have been the backbone of our program from the very beginning.”

The slate of nominees included:

Business of the Year

• Mimi and Papa’s Gourmet Popcorn and Homemade Ice Cream
  • Saltwater Signworks (Winner)
  • Signature Wealth Strategies

New Member of the Year

• Chris Brehmer Photography
  • Lab Construction (Winner)
  • Leland Brewing Company

Non-Profit of the Year

• Cape Fear Voices/Teen Scene (Winner)
  • Carousel Center
  • Lower Cape Fear Life Care

Woman of the Year

• Christina Rivenbark – Christina Rivenbark & Associates
  • Keesha Starr – K Starr Coaching (Winner)
  • Kerry Kasotsky – Aire Serv – Musical Chairs Networking

Young Professional of the Year

• Brittany Reinert – Monarch Roofing (Winner)
  • Paul Hvrol – Coastal Integrative Health
  • Leeza Korotkova – Christina Rivenbark & Associates

Entrepreneur of the Year

• Brandon Hill – Gimmzi Smart Rewards
  • Lucinda Arnold – Coastal Painting and Improvements
  • Victor Fernandes – Fernandes Fit (Winner)

All of the nominees contribute greatly to the growth and development of our area.  Cape Fear Voices/Teen Scene is proud to be counted among them.

View Comments (2)