The Scapegoat Taproom Opens in Leland

Jan Morgan-Swegle
Chris and Jody Walker cut the red ribbon for their grand opening of The Scapegoat Taproom in Leland

There’s an exciting addition to the landscape in Leland.  The Scapegoat Taproom, located at 2789 Compass Pointe South Wynde NE, (the West gate of Compass Pointe) held its grand opening on Saturday, September 2.  Owners, Chris and Jody Walker welcomed many Leland residents, family members and  members of the Chamber of Commerce to the event.   Chris said, “About 95% of our customers reside in Compass Pointe, but we also get people from Arbor Landing Senior Living facility and in neighboring developments.”  He continued, “We couldn’t have done all of this without the help of our family and great friends.  We are so grateful to them.”

The Scapegoat Taproom has 50 beers on tap and will be rotating 26 of them at various intervals to  bring the customers what they want.   There are food trucks planned for the weekends as well as live entertainment.

Get out and support this local family who followed their dream of opening The Scapegoat.  You’ll have fun, meet your neighbors and enjoy some really great beer.

James and Dawn Allen say, “Cheers to Scapegoat Taproom” at the opening on September 2 (Jan Morgan-Swegle)

Jody and Chris Walker, Owners, The Scapegoat Taproom., Leland (Jan Morgan-Swegle)

View Comments (3)