Safe Plates Food Safety Manager Certification Classes

From the NC Cooperative Extension in Brunswick County

NC Cooperative Extension in Brunswick County is offering the Safe Plates Food Safety Manager Class. This comprehensive course is appropriate for food service managers and supervisory staff in restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, childcare facilities, and other food-handling establishments. Both in-person and virtual training is available.

A two-day class in-person Safe Plates training will held on Monday March 18 from 9 am. until 4 pm. and Monday March 25 from 9 am. till 2 pm. The classes will meet in the Training Center at the NC Cooperative Extension office, 25 Referendum Drive at the Government Center in Bolivia. The registration fee is $125 per person. This includes all instruction, materials and the certification exam. Participants are encouraged to bring their own lunch, snacks, and beverages.

Certification is provided by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals and is based on successful completion of the course and passing a written examination. The certification test will be given on March 25 at 2:30 pm.

Check the NC Cooperative Extension, Brunswick County Center website for more details or contact Avery Ashley at Brunswick County Center of the N.C. Cooperative Extension, 910-253- 2610. Checks should be made out to Brunswick County Cooperative Extension and mailed to PO Box 109, Bolivia, NC 28422. Pre-registration is required.