TEEN SCENE GOES TO THE NORTH BRUNSWICK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BUSINESS EXPO

It was a busy day at the Leland Cultural Arts Center today.

Businesses from all over Brunswick County came together at the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce Business Expo to meet area residents and showcase what they had to offer.

Gerald Decker, was at the Teen Scene table along with Board members, Jan Morgan-Swegle, Bill McHugh and Deb Pickett.   We were telling everyone who stopped by about our mission and goals as well as our Awards Banquet which will be held on April 20.  Gerald brought copies of the March Teen Scene issue which included all of the Teen Award nominated stories.    It was great to see business owners and non-profit organizations working together to make this a successful event.

The Sustaining Sponsors for the event were:  At the Platinum Level, Novant Health.  At the Gold Level, North Brunswick Magazine, Pioneer Strategies,  Compass Pointe and the Federal Credit Union.  At the Bronze Level, South State Bank, Duke Energy,  Meineke Car Care Center,  Domin & Schwartz Real Estate Group and Signature Wealth Strategies.  Presenting Sponsors included:  JBG Services-Painting Division, Turf Medic and Focus Broadband.

Judy Budd, long time editor of Wilma Magazine was there introducing her newest business venture,  CONNECT,  Community Involvement Directory.  Made New Interiors and Decor, who recently opened in the Southport area had quite an extensive list of things they can help with to make your home beautiful, including, cabinets, countertops, tile, light fixtures and  flooring.  Our old friends Jeff and Lisa Stites from Leland Magazine were on hand, as well as representatives from  VFW Post 12196,  First Citizens Bank and The Civil Air Patrol, among others.

Food samples from Passanante’s Home Food Services were terrific and it seemed like everyone had different kinds of chocolate to offer.

This was a great way for residents new to the area to see what Brunswick County is all about.