Cape Fear Voices and The Teen Scene is Named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Cape Fear Voices / The Teen Scene named 2024 Non-Profit of the Year by North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce

Leland VFW Post 12196 Elects New Officers

At their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday April 9, the Leland Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 12196 elected new officers for the coming year. The new officers for the coming year include Gerald Decker as Commander, Chris Mattiace-Sr. Vice Commander, Larry Dennis-Jr. Vice Commander, Jim Koslosky-Quartermaster, Lou Tranzillo-Chaplain and Don Spaulding-3-Year Trustee. Michael Howe was appointed to return as the Post Service Officer. The full list of officers is listed below.

These elected and appointed officers were then given the oath of office by the incoming Department Commander for North Carolina Veterans of Foreign Wars, Annie Cummings. The new officer’s term will begin on July 1, 2024.

Leland Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 12196 was chartered in January 2020 and has built a record of accomplishments that incoming Department Commander Annie Cummings said was “pretty amazing considering how new you are as a Post.”

The Post was selected as the “Mayor’s Choice of Citizen of the Year for 2020” and has three consecutive years achieving the highest recognition of the VFW: All-American and All-State. Post 12196 has consistently led the Department in member gain for Post their size. Under the leadership of current Post Commander Nate Pringle, the Post is again number 1 in member gain for District 5 and among the leaders in North Carolina in member gain.

Commander Gerald Decker
Senior Vice Commander Chris Mattiace
Junior Vice Commander Larry Dennis
Quartermaster Jim Koslosky
Chaplain Lou Tranzillo
One Year Trustee Kobe Kelly
Two Year Trustee Patti Kelly
Three Year Trustee Don Spaulding
Service Officer Michael Howe
Judge Advocate Frank Steele
Surgeon John Marone

[email protected]
Vfw12196.org