Dan Bruneau – New Director of Teen Scene Writing Academy

Teen Scene, Inc. is happy to announce that Dan Bruneau has joined our distinguished group of volunteers to head up our Writing Academy. He brings a 35-year career of experience in communications and writing, including 14 years as a newspaper reporter and editor. Dan is the managing director of Bruneau & Associates, a consulting firm in communications and professional development. He holds undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Wisconsin and certificates in mediation from the University of California Santa Barbara, leadership from the Federal Executive Institute, and project management from UNCW.

Dan serves on the Community Advisory Board for WHQR Public Media and the Board of Directors for Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc. He is also a member of the Leadership Council of the National Small Business Association.

Dan’s years of experience in communications for the federal government and news media have taught him first-hand how writing and study skills offer benefits personally and professionally. “I believe that writing ability and study habits serve teens well in school and in any careers they pursue. The Writing Academy will help students succeed in these areas, enriching their experience in school, building their confidence, and preparing them for brighter futures,” says Dan.  “Our classes will meet in small groups to ensure our dedicated tutors can provide students with individual attention.”

The Basic Writing class will concentrate on establishing competence in written communication and building self-esteem. It gives students the opportunity to publish their work in The Teen Scene, a free monthly literary publication written by and for teenagers. The experience also allows students to develop the business skills needed to run The Teen Scene.

Our Study Skills class will enhance students’ organizational capability, note-taking aptitude, and test-taking strategies. In conjunction with the writing class, it helps students think clearly and present their thoughts and other information coherently.

For more information on how your school, student, or company can participate in this program, please contact us at [email protected].