Be On the Lookout – There’s Always Something to Do In Leland

Your Fall/Winter CAPE Activity Guide Is Coming Soon

Town of Leland

Welcome to Leland, where the fun is!

Jan Morgan-Swegle, Editor

Looking for new things to do this year?  You only have to go as far as the CAPE Activity Guide.

The Town of Leland Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department is celebrating 15 years of service to the community.  Over the past 15 years, the department has continued to bring exciting and fun new programs and events to the residents of Leland.  Who can forget the “Art in the Park” programs or the “Leland in Lights” display in Founders Park?

This year, new programs include two FREE sensory-sensitive events.  Sensory-sensitive events are designed to be less stimulating to those who may have sensitivity to noise, colors, sounds and smells.

Event favorites that are coming back are Trunk or Treat and the Holiday Art Market.  Mark your calendars because this year, Trunk or Treat will be at Brunswick Village Town Center, on East Cutlar Crossing instead of Founders Park. Dress the family in their favorite costumes and collect candy from various community trunks. You can also decorate a trunk, just go to http://bit.ly/lelandtrunkortreat and fill out the form.

For our environmentally focused residents, you can attend three gardening programs.  There will be one, six-week lecture series where you will learn about covering, setup, containers, soil, timing, maintenance, pruning, harvesting and companion planting.  In addition, there are two gardening-based workshops for those who might not have time to care for a large garden.

If you like pottery, the Leland Cultural Arts Center has expanded its pottery class selection to include three new pottery incentives.  One is for beginners where you will learn to create mugs and bowls.  The other two new programs are for more advanced students.  Here, you will learn how to create a “drinking set” and/or, try “raku firing.”

Want more?  You can create new seasonal projects, including yarn Santa hats and trees!

Don’t wait until the last minute to see what you can learn and do this fall/winter.  Pick up a new CAPE Activity Guide at the Leland Cultural Arts Center at 1212 Magnolia Village Way in mid-July or go online at www.townofleland.com/prcr and check it out.

If you are looking for a way to give back to the community, you can always volunteer with the PRCR department.  You can help set up events or assist instructors during the programs.

Sign up for our newsletter to keep up on all of the events and volunteer opportunities.  Go to, http://bit.ly3UoGUmh.

It looks like it’s going to be a fun season—don’t miss out.