Teen Scene, Inc. 4th Annual Writers’ Award “Stars Over Cape Fear”

Presented by Brunswick Arts Council
Award%2C+Awards

Are you the type of person who likes to be seen with the stars? Well, if you are, make sure you mark your calendars and buy tickets for the Teen Scene, Inc. 4th Annual Writers Banquet. This year’s theme is “Stars Over Cape Fear.” We are grateful to Brunswick County Arts Council for agreeing to once again serve as our “Presenting Sponsor” of this event.

The event will be held on Saturday, April 20, 2024, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at Blossoms Club Banquet Room at 1800 Tommy Jacobs Drive in Magnolia Greens. The Banquet room is located behind Blossoms restaurant.

Tickets for the event are $75.00 per person. This year, we are having a buffet dinner including a Marinated Flank Steak, Chicken with Mushroom Sauce, Fingerling Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables, and a House Salad. There will be a cash bar. Non-alcoholic beverages are included in the price of the meal.

We will have another silent auction, but this year, items will be featured on our web page beginning on Saturday, February 3rd, and running through Saturday, April 6. Bidding will be online but don’t worry. You can bid at the event (we will post the online bidding amounts.)  All auction items must be collected on the evening of the event.

Susan Savio will be back this year to celebrate and entertain us with her music and popular songs.

As you know, this is our only fundraising event for the year. We are a non-profit, 501 (c) (3), making your donations tax deductible. We really count on these funds for scholarships and programs for our Teen Scene writers and to cover the costs of publishing Cape Fear Voices. Please consider making a separate donation to our scholarship fund.

We are also looking for sponsors for the event. If you are interested in being a sponsor, contact Gerald Decker at [email protected].

Come out, have a good time, and support our seasoned writers and teens. Tickets are limited, so don’t wait. Join us when the stars come out on April 20, 2024.

Access the event’s QR code to purchase tickets. Our mailing address is PO Box 495, Leland, NC 28451. Please make all checks out to Teen Scene, Inc.

Purchase Banquet tickets here. (Deb Pickett)

Please so thank you to all of our sponsors who make this event and Cape Fear Voices/The Teen Scene possible.