BCECHS Clubs

Makayla Procter

BCECHS Clubs

Makayla Procter

Brunswick County Early College High School has several clubs for students with interests. Clubs are good for meeting new people, finding new hobbies, giving back to the community, and so much more. There are academic clubs, service clubs, social clubs, etc. The best thing about these clubs is that they not only help students but the community as well. This gives the students perfect opportunities to take over leadership roles. 

BCECHS gives the students several opportunities to not only help in academics but to be socially responsible, find new hobbies, and provide more than just learning from teachers but from each other; that is how the clubs help the students develop throughout their years at   BCECHS. Stay tuned for more club information to come.

Graduate Boston Wright leads the Library Club. The Library club provides books for all students who need a book for classes or themselves. They also organize the library to stay clean for the students and staff. “This club is really good for students who like organizing.” Wright says, “Our main goal this year is to have students make a wish list so that we can have those books ready for everyone.” All students have to do to check out books is to fill out the information it asks them on the sheet of paper on the book table in the hallway.  They also want to open the room where the books are stored to the students and ensure all the books are used. This club is held in the conference room. 

The theater is a Friday club open to all students. This club allows students to express themselves. Vice President  Kit Cooper said, “It’s like an escape from reality for students”.

The club’s goal for this year is to finish a production by the end of this year. Cooper feels that the students this year are the best so far, and they’re very excited to start. 

Rotary is another club that BCECHS has to offer. Rotary started when the principal of Shallotte Middle came to the BCECHS in 2006 to talk about the Rotary club at their school. The former principals told Ms.White that she would be a good fit for the club and has enjoyed it since. Some of the things the rotary has to offer is volunteer work. They go all over the place to volunteer such as elementary schools, farms, nursing homes, and so much more. Volunteering is good for many reasons, but the club’s main goal is to help students develop and feel comfortable in leadership positions.

BCECHS gives the students several opportunities to not only help in academics but to be socially responsible, find new hobbies, and provide more than just learning from teachers but from each other and that is how the clubs help the students develop throughout their years at   BCECHS. Stay tuned for more information about BCECHS clubs.